Northridge Sexual Harassment Lawyers
Have You Suffered Workplace Sexual Harassment in the San Fernando Valley?
Under California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you are protected as an employee from workplace sexual harassment. You are also protected under federal employment law. Victims and harassers can be both women and men, and the laws cover instances of being harassed by someone of your own sex. Although it may be more difficult to pursue legal action for a stray comment or offhand incident that is not serious and occurs only once, you are protected from frequent and severe harassment (including general harassment), especially when it turns into a hostile or offensive work environment.
At K2 Employment Law, we represent employees in both administrative and judicial proceedings involving sexual harassment claims. The state of California takes sexual harassment very seriously. If you believe you have been victimized in this way, you should seek our legal assistance. Our firm is dedicated to ensuring that all state and federal employment law is upheld by employers, and we will fight on your behalf when those laws have been violated.
What Is Considered Sexual Harassment in the Workplace?
Harassment can be committed against you by your supervisor, a supervisor or manager in some other area of the workplace, a co-worker, or even a client or customer. It can be of a sexual nature or a more general nature, such as offensive comments about women.
California’s Department of Fair Employment and Housing lists various types of sexual harassment, such as:
- Visual conduct, such as sexual gestures, sexual leering, posting sexually offensive photos, graphics, posters, cartoons, and the like
- Verbal behavior, such as slurs, jokes, offensive comments about your body, or other degrading comments that are sexual in nature
- Physical behavior, such as unwanted touching, blocking or confining your movements, and assault
- Offering job benefits in exchange for sexual favors
- Propositioning you for sexual activity
- Seeking retaliation against you for sexual rebuffs or for making complaints concerning the harassment
Strict liability is applied to employers concerning sexual harassment in the workplace. Employers are also required to provide reasonable measures to prevent this type of behavior, such as by providing sexual harassment programs or training.
Fighting for Justice in Sexual Harassment Cases
At K2 Employment Law, our team of experienced Northridge sexual harassment lawyers is dedicated to fighting for justice on behalf of victims of workplace sexual harassment in the San Fernando Valley and surrounding areas. We understand the emotional and professional toll that sexual harassment can have on individuals, and we are committed to providing compassionate and effective legal representation.
What sets us apart:
- Extensive knowledge of employment law: Our attorneys specialize in sexual harassment cases and have a deep understanding of the laws and regulations that protect employees.
- Proven track record: We have successfully represented numerous clients in sexual harassment cases, securing significant settlements and verdicts.
- Personalized approach: We take the time to listen to your story, understand your unique circumstances, and tailor our legal strategy to your specific needs and goals.
- Strong advocacy: Our team is fearless in the pursuit of justice and will fight tirelessly to hold employers accountable for their actions.
If you have been a victim of sexual harassment in the workplace, it is important to take action. Contact K2 Employment Law today to schedule a consultation. We are ready to stand by your side and help you seek the justice and compensation you deserve.
What Does Quid Pro Quo Mean?
The term “Quid pro quo” is defined as “something for something”. It is considered to be sexual harassment. It includes when sexual favors or contact turn into:
- A requirement to keep your job,
- receive a raise or promotion,
- or as any other term of an employee’s job
Quid pro quo harassment started with supervisors, employers, or managers and is considered an inequality of power and forms a hostile work environment.
If you believe you have been coerced into providing sexual favors to keep your job, contact our experienced Granada Hills sexual harassment lawyer at K2 Employment Law today. Call us today for a consultation!
Understanding the Impact of Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
Sexual harassment in the workplace can have serious consequences for both the victim and the overall work environment. It is important to understand the impact of sexual harassment and why taking action is crucial.
Here are some key points to consider:
- Mental and Emotional Health: Sexual harassment can cause significant psychological distress, including anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). It can also lead to a hostile work environment, affecting the victim's overall well-being.
- Career and Professional Growth: Victims of sexual harassment may experience negative effects on their career, such as missed opportunities for promotions or advancements, as well as damage to their professional reputation. It can hinder their ability to reach their full potential in the workplace.
- Workplace Morale and Productivity: Sexual harassment creates a toxic work environment, leading to decreased employee morale and productivity. It can disrupt teamwork, collaboration, and overall job satisfaction.
- Legal Rights and Protections: Employees have legal rights and protections against sexual harassment in the workplace. Understanding these rights is essential for seeking justice and holding the responsible parties accountable.
At K2 Employment Law, our experienced Northridge sexual harassment lawyers are dedicated to helping victims of workplace sexual harassment. We provide compassionate support, expert legal guidance, and fierce advocacy to ensure your rights are protected. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step towards justice.
Why You Need an Attorney at K2 Employment Law
Bringing a sexual harassment claim against your harasser at work can be an intimidating and embarrassing matter. It can also put additional stress on your work and the work environment. Having a strong advocate in your corner who understands the difficulty of the matter and who provides the guidance and support you need can make all the difference. Our Northridge sexual harassment lawyers are here to help you calmly and effectively navigate sexual harassment claims.
Speak to an attorney about your case at (800) 590-7674 today. Your initial consultation is completely free and entirely confidential.