Northridge Family & Medical Leave Act Lawyers
Protecting Your Federal Employment Rights in the San Fernando Valley
The Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) is a federal statute that grants employees the right to take a temporary leave of absence for medical reasons or for military deployment. The state of California has a similar law called the California Family Rights Act, which provides comparable protections. The FMLA also prohibits employers from retaliating against workers who legally exercise these rights.
If you believe your employment rights under the FMLA have been violated, it is highly recommended that you discuss your situation with an experienced employment law attorney at K2 Employment Law. Our California employment law firm represents workers in and around the San Fernando Valley in all issues pertaining to their legal rights under state and federal employment laws. We have worked on both sides of these issues, representing employers as well as employees, which has given us a deep understanding of how to defend against large companies. Our firm now handles cases for employees only.
Your Rights under the FMLA
The FMLA is applicable to companies that employ more than 50 employees within a 75-mile radius. Under this law, your employer is required to permit you a minimum of 12 weeks of unpaid leave that includes your existing benefits during a 12-month period of time. This leave is allowable under certain circumstances.
Those circumstances include:
- Becoming seriously ill
- Needing to care for an immediate family member (spouse, child, or parent) who has become seriously ill or injured
- Developing complications related to a pregnancy
- Preparing for and giving birth
- Adopting a child
- Fostering a child
Under the FMLA, your employer must provide leave of absence for the above-listed reasons and allow you to return to your same position or a similar one once your leave ends. To qualify for FMLA leave, you must have worked at your job for a least a year and have accumulated a minimum of 1,250 work hours during that time. In some cases, you may have to provide medical certification verifying the serious health condition that requires a leave of absence.
If you believe your rights have been denied in regards to the FMLA or in any other employment law matter, K2 Employment Law provides skilled and caring legal counsel and representation in any administrative or legal proceedings. Our Northridge FMLA lawyers are ready to assist you with your case.
Contact Our Northridge FMLA Lawyers
At K2 Employment Law, we understand the importance of a balanced and fair workplace. Our mission is to ensure that both employers and employees are well-informed about their rights and obligations under FMLA. With years of experience in employment law, our team has successfully assisted numerous clients in Northridge and beyond.
- Expertise: Our team comprises seasoned Northridge FMLA lawyers with a deep understanding of employment law, ensuring that our clients receive top-notch legal advice and representation.
- Client-Centric Approach: We prioritize our clients' needs, tailoring our services to address their unique situations. Whether you are an employer seeking compliance solutions or an employee facing FMLA challenges, we are here for you.
- Proactive Solutions: At K2 Employment Law, we believe in proactive problem-solving. We work diligently to anticipate and address potential FMLA issues before they escalate, providing peace of mind to our clients.
- Transparent Communication: Clear and open communication is at the core of our client relationships. We keep our clients informed at every step, ensuring they are well-equipped to make informed decisions.
If you are in Northridge and require expert guidance on FMLA matters, look no further than K2 Employment Law. Contact our Northridge FMLA attorney today to schedule a consultation and let us be your trusted legal partner in navigating the complexities of FMLA.